It is important that you learn how to solve those little problems which may appear as you go, and without needing to attend our clinic:
- To prevent that slight chafing caused by the device on the first days, we recommend using orthodontic silicon or wax. You can eat with wax or silicon, and if it falls, you can replace it at the zone of discomfort. After a few days, the chafing will be healed. Otherwise, please ask for an appointment.
Also during the first days, there could be some headache, or overall pain in the mouth. The best medication for these aches will be ibuprofen.
- “Ulcers” or sores are usual lesions in the mouth, which have nothing to do with the orthodontic device. When you get them you can buy PerioKin gel at your pharmacy, and apply it on the ulcer. It will cause some symptom relief, but it will take from 5 to 7 days to heal.
- Sometimes, there is rubbing caused by a metallic ligation which is used to hold the wire and slightly protruding. In this case, try to push the ligation with your nail towards the gum, in order to hide it behind the wire. If this is not enough, apply a wax or silicon ball.
- When the wire protrudes from behind, it is not because we have left it too long, but because as teeth become aligned, less wire is required, and it protrudes from behind. If wax doesn’t alleviate your problem, call and ask for an appointment and we will cut the wire.
- Sometimes, and mostly during the initial stages, the wire may come out of the last back tooth. This is caused by food, or by using interdental brushes. It will be very difficult for you to insert the wire in the tube where it should be placed. If it bothers you, come to our clinic.
- It can also happen that the wire comes out of the brace. In this case, call us for an appointment. This is very important because, otherwise, the tooth position won’t get corrected, or will be lost if it was already corrected.
If you notice that one of your braces has become attached, you must come to our office, unless there are few days left for your control visit.
Ortom Madrid and Torrejón holiday and weekend assistance phone
We have a telephone to cover possible inconveniences that our patients have in treatment during holidays or weekends.
The number is 605 701 795 and will be available from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
You must leave your message in addition to the name and clinic to which you belong. Then our staff will contact you as soon as possible